CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cozy Coupe







For Cooper's 1st birthday Judy & Calvin also known as Nano & Granddaddy (Rick's parents) bought him a fire truck cozy coupe. So on Sunday night Calvin said let's put Cooper's car together. This was around 6pm. Rick & Tim (R's brother) had left to run errands, leaving Judy, Leslie and I with 11 kids. Calvin & Landon (13yrs old) got out the big box for the Cozy Coupe and began assembling. We all went about our ways doing this and that. After about an hour I sat down in the living room with Judy and we started watching these "builders" at work. It was quite entertaining to say at the least. The top of the car would not stay put. Every time they put it on it popped off. Judy kept saying "now Calvin, are you reading the directions?" And he would say "yes I'm reading them" this went back and forth a few times. Finally they figured out that a screw needed to hold down the roof. Then Judy says "If you were reading the directions, then you would have known a screw needed to go there". After about hour 2, Calvin turns to me and says "I thought this thing came put together, you didn't tell me there was assembly required". Judy and I were laughing so hard we were crying. Landon kept saying"where is my dad when we need him" Anyway, the car finally got finished in about 3 hours total.




So later that night Rick says that his dad came up to him with a handful of parts and says "Now son, these parts go somewhere on the car, I'm not sure where but you may want to put them on" "The steering wheel keeps popping off".




The next day everyone had left and the kids were riding around in the cozy coupe. I look over and the back wheels are buckling and falling off. The kids kept bringing me more and more parts to this car. I finally had them park it and had daddy fix it that night.




It was hilarious and we got a lot of good laughs. I reminded Calvin that at least he has his day job.
Today the fire truck is up and running. Here are some shots of Coop playing in it with Parker.


0 comments: