CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

O Christmas Tree...

We decorated our tree on Tue. night. The kids had a great time this year. The boys really understand and remember from last year. If you look closely you will see that we had to place all the ornaments halfway up the tree to keep our curious toddler out of it. Funny because he's not really the problem! The other 3 can't seem to leave the ornaments alone. I keep finding random ornaments in random places in the house. Yesterday I found a glass one behind the couch?! Carson said "oh that was me mom, I did that". At least he's honest. :)
The tradition for our family is that we give each member in our family a new ornament every year. When I go shopping for them I try to pick out one that has to do with what they were into that year. Then I write their names on the bottom, the year. When they grow up and get married I will give them each their box of ornaments.
Parker's are always really pink & girly, the boys have some great wooden planes, trucks, trains etc.. Rick aways get some sort of a Dr. snowman and I get a hand blown glass one from Pier One every year. I started my collection back in 99 and have bought a different one every year. (Those are all on top, for 4 obvious reasons).

1 comments:

LJ said...

What a fun tradition. My grandmother did that for all of us grandkids. When she would travel to Europe, she would bring back little dutch shoes, or a pineapple from Hawaii. The will love them and remember them all as they get older :)