CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shopping in The City

I would say besides eating we were shopping the entire time we were in NY. I took some fun pictures in the massive Toys R Us, above and below, these "sculptures" were made out of those mini Lego's. How nuts is that?! They must have used millions. Of course if I had read the sign instead of head my face in the camera I would know how many Lego's it took to make the Statue of Liberty and the Pirate. Griffin & Carson are really into these mini Lego's right now so I took these to show them. A picture does no justice to how big these actually were, Keep in mind I had a big lens on my camera these were up into the next story high.
(below) For those of you that may not know, NYC has the biggest Toys R Us ever. And even if you don't have kids its really a site to see and a place to visit. You can even ride on this big Ferris wheel while you are there. Each little car is a different theme, like Scooby doo, The little people school bus, My little pony and so on. If you look in the background you can see the 4 different levels this store has. The Ferris wheel runs right in the middle.
And here we are in Soho shopping. This is Lisa and my mom looking at jewelry at one of the many little stands set up. Soho is a great place to shop and walk around. There are tons of quaint little shops & lots of different stuff.
And there is even live, free entertainment at every corner. Here are a few gospel singers right in front of J-Crew. I'm sure they loved that. ha!
Mission accomplished, I found Heath Ledger's apartment while in Soho. So yes I may have driven them all nuts trying to find it but I did. And there was even a bouquet of flowers laying out front. That is until some old man came up and stole and ripped of the RIP Heath note attached to it. I wonder if he gave them to his wife?!



0 comments: