CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Ornament of the Year

We gave the kids their ornaments for 2007 the other night. Here are some photos to capture the moments...
Rick gave me my hand painted one from the collection that I have been collecting for 8 years now. When you hold it up to the light it shines right through.
Griffin was given a tent with a camping moose. This year the boys went on the father son camp out in October and had a great time with their daddy. So this ornament symbolizes their fun time together.
Before we opened the ornaments, Carson kept saying "I want a soccer ornament, I want soccer" I thought, "oh no, what am I going to do I got him a fish!!" So I gave it to him anyways and he loved it. His ornament symbolizes the great time he had fishing with Granddaddy this summer in IL, he also was able to fish for a short time at the camp out.
I always choose the girliest one I can find. This year it is a *pink* sparkly pig. We just finished reading Charlotte's Web, for our nightly chapter book last month and we think it reminds us of Wilbur.
Cooper's ornament is super cute this year. Its a wooden Noah's ark with the little animals all over it. As many of you know I have a sailboat/nautical theme going on all over the house & his nursery is all decked out in a sailboat theme. So last year his ornament was a sailboat & this year its an ark! Maybe being raised in FL & then living in Boston for a couple of years has something to do with it. Or maybe I'm just feeling a little land locked here in TX!!



3 comments:

Beth Hames said...

What a great tradition and sweet pictures. I'm sure they will cherish the memories...

CM said...

This is such a neat idea to give the kiddos ornaments that have significance from their year. We may have to borrow that idea too! :)

Kim said...

They look so happy with their ormanents. We give our kiddos ornaments too and I love the memory attached to it.