CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Grocery Game

Looking for a fun way to grocery shop & save a ton of money? Thanks to Shea Lea's posts about saving money at the store it got me thinking.
So I joined the grocery game along with my friend Cortney.
The one month trial membership is only $1. During that first month you can choose as many stores as you would like for only $1. This is great for me because I was not really sure which stores I wanted to subscribe to each month. I need to figure out which ones will have the best deals and suite my family best.
Right now I am subscribed to HEB, CVS, Randalls & Walgreens. So far I can tell I will not choose HEB because they have their own deals I can do on my own. But the other stores have had some really huge savings and a lot of free stuff as well!
One of the things I like about Terry’s Grocery Game is the easy to read chart format. Each row tells you what’s on sale, how much the regular price is, how much the sale price is, the amount off for the coupon you need to use, which week of the paper it came from, what coupon flyer it came from, how many items you should buy, the percentage off the item is, and if it is an item at rock bottom price that you should stock up on.
I suppose you’re wondering how I did this week. I spent a total of $97 and saved a total of $61. Now I know that's not that great, but remember I don't have all the coupons yet, I have only been saving them for 3 weeks now. And I have a large family. :) So spending only $97 is actually good in my case!
If you would like to join The Grocery Game, I would suggest that you begin collecting the Sunday paper coupons first for about 2 weeks. Go to the site and learn more. The idea is to stock up on stuff even when you don't need it, and within 12 weeks you will have a full pantry & will only need to buy the staples each week at the store.

2 comments:

LJ said...

I actually "played" the Grocery Game a couple of years ago... mixed feelings... we'll have to chat more about it later.

Juicysmom said...

I'm so glad your couponing--be careful it's addicting. I haven't done the grocery game, but i have a friend who does and loves it. Your family is beautiful. Maybe we'll see each other in person again one of these days!
Love ya