CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Home Depot Sat.

I think I've posted before about Home Depot Saturdays, but I will recap for those of you who don't know about it. Home Depot is great. The first Sat. of every month from 9-12 they have a FREE kids project. Rick has been taking the big boys for about 8 months now. They give them a HD apron to wear & when they complete the project they receive a pin in the shape of the project. Its pretty neat. Then they bring the items home and we paint them. This month the project was a castle bank. It's like a mini magic kingdom. Pretty cute. Well Rick took them and the guy said, "This one is really hard, the parents are all struggling just take them home and do them there". So he came home and pulled his car out of the garage and set up a "work shop". It was so cute, he had all 4 out there while he struggled to build these castles. I even tried to help but gave up and went back inside. Rick's exact quote "If every month's craft was like this, we wouldn't go back!" I guess it was a rough one.
Last month I did not post about HD because I went alone with all 4 kids and it was a nightmare!! Rick had a work thing going on & I didn't want them to miss out. So I took them. Building is not my gift. Carson went over to the man and said "my mom doesn't know what she's doing, can you help her?" How funny is that? Then he told me "Mom your great, but Daddy is better at this" It's true. My talents are elsewhere.




No painting in your clothes! Don't want to ruin them. :)

1 comments:

The Thomas' said...

Tanya, your kids are adorable! Oh and your pictures are amazing.