CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

Let me brag about my mom for just a second. First off let me announce to the bloggers out there... My mom finished a 1/2 Iron Man today (Sat) in Panama City FL. For those of you not familiar on what that is. A 1/2 iron man is a 1 mile swim in the ocean, choppy & rough, 13 mile run, and a 56 mile bike ride. My amazing mother finished 15th place out of 26th in her age group (which I will not mention, she would kill me!! Not that she's old or anything, but you know how us ladies can be about age). She finished the race in 6 hrs and 44 minutes. Then she called to tell me that she was alive. ha! Way to go mom. You never cease to amazing me or surprise me. I am proud of your amazing ability to do anything you set your mind to. Of course that is not the only thing great about my mom. She also raised me as a single mother basically since I was 2 yrs old. She is a very successful business owner & a great athlete. I learned to be an independent, strong woman from her.
I love you mom, thanks for all that you've sacrificed for me over the years. Thank you for your unconditional love and thank you for being my best friend.


Photo below also includes my other best friend, Kelly & her hoot of a mama Michelle.
All photos were taken on our yearly Mother Daughter trip to NYC in Sept. We are going back in July for our next one!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Awww, what a great mom!

April said...

So, I am wondering when she will adopt me so I can start coming on these mother/daughter trips to NYC with you guys!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Tell her congratulations. She'll probably leave me in the dust next year at the Austin 1/2 Marathon!