CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Kitchen Renovation

Before: The dark, grainy kitchen...
Most of these shots were taken by Griffin with a little point & shoot camera, so the quality is the pits. Also I did no editing on any of these shots.


After: Coastal cottage kitchen. We LOVE it!! I love how our granite counter tops just pop out. They went unnoticed and just blended in before, now they look so pretty & are the highlight of the kitchen.
Facts on what we used and what we did to create this great change.
1. 1 gallon of primer $10
2. 1 gallon of Sherwin Williams Casa Blanca Paint $47
3. 1 gallon of Ralph Lauren glaze - smoke $25
4. 1 gallon of Ralph Lauren paint for the walls in Egg shell- Plantation $28
5. 9 pulls from Pottery Barn $86 (still looking for the right knobs to buy)
6. Wanes Coating for the bar & sides of cabinets $40
7. Hand Sander $20
8. Miscellaneous supplies $20
9. Decorator fee $50
Total Cost $326! Not so bad.
The entire project took us 6 days of work & a little bit of insanity to do this with 4 children running around. ha! We are so happy with the end results & plan to do the master bathroom next. Stay tooned!!










12 comments:

Julie T said...

I love it Tanya---great work!

Leslie said...

Great job!!! When are you guys coming over to my 1980's kitchen and what do you charge?

Veronika Duty said...

I like both versions, but have to say the "new look" is totally you and totally compliments the rest of the house-great job! Very beachy!!!!
Love the bar stools, too!

Veronika Duty said...

I like both version, but have to say the new look is totally you and really fits the rest of the house! Great job!!!! Very beachy and serene. Aren't you glad you are done? You guys finished this very quickly, not that I'm surprised about that!
Love the bar stools, too!

Briana said...

Looks awesome!

Cortney Genova said...

Looks great!!! Cort

myra said...

Great job! It looks so fresh!

Meredith said...

Looks fabulous!

JessBless said...

Your hard work paid off. It looks great. Isn't it a great feeling to know that it was your hard work that accomplished it. Makes it that much more enjoyable and lovely.

Jennifer said...

I can't remember how I found your blog. Most likely through someone else from Harding. I graduated in 1994. I had to comment on your kitchen makeover! WOW!! I LOVE the cabinets! They look amazing. If you wouldn't mind sharing your technique, I would sooooo appreciate it. We need to do something to our kitchen and this is just what we've been thinking about. You've inspired me to try it myself. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! The color combination really makes difference to the effects of an objects. You should really take care of your kitchen since it is the heart of our home.

Anonymous said...

The transformation looks amazing. Great job!